Friday 9 December 2016

Seam Work

First I would like to start by welcoming you if you are dropping in from The Needle & Thread Network. I am being featured today on their site and I am so pleased to "meet" you! I hope you have some time to check out the blog :)

So It's December! How the heck did that happen? Anyone else have a Santa's sweatshop set up in their house for holiday making? Mine is in full swing AND I have been busy with some other stuff.... some exciting stuff...like opening an Esty Shop! I introduce Seam Work

https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/seamwork?ref=hdr_shop_menu

For most of the year I have been thinking on this whole Etsy thing. I wanted to open a shop. BUT, I was a afraid.  Afraid to start something new, to put myself out there,  what if people don't like my things? Crazy fears.

But then in the Fall I started to get excited about it, started looking into how it all works. And then I had a sew day planned with my friend Jeanette from Stamp Stitch Create. As we are sewing away she says "hey wanna start an Etsy shop together?" (or something to that effect lol). She was nervous too about starting something new.

So we held hands, looked over the edge of the abyss, and opened Seam Work in November. We both just needed a little nudge to get going. Quilty friends are good for that :) Now we have a great shop that will be full of both of our quilty goods. Good for us, good for our customers!

You can visit the shop  HERE

Jeanette and I pose for our Shop photo. I think we are pretty cute!
Since the shop opened I have been busy making custom flag pillows. I am now a Jedi Master in the ways of the invisible zipper.





And look at our adorable labels!


So I guess I am officially a small business owner and I am loving it! I cannot thank Jeanette enough for doing this with me. I think together we are going to have a hell of a good time!

Do you sell your quilty things? I would love to hear all about it!

Talk to you soon, I have some finishes to share so I should probably write a post more than once a month...
Adrienne

11 comments:

  1. I wish you both great success! When you love what you do how can you fail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congrats on opening your Etsy store with your friend! I've toyed with the idea of an Etsy shop, but I've never had the gumption to take the plunge. I do sell stuff on a small scale (locally - mainly relying on word of mouth to bring customers at a slow pace) and it is keeping me plenty busy at the moment. Maybe someday I'll take the leap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Adrienne and Jeannette! I am so happy to see you take the plunge and look forward to engaging with you as new "colleagues". It can be lonely as a creative entrepreneur, especially since quilting as a business is a relative unique endeavour even within the crafting world (and especially in our region).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Adrienne and Jeannette! I am so happy to see you take the plunge and look forward to engaging with you as new "colleagues". It can be lonely as a creative entrepreneur, especially since quilting as a business is a relative unique endeavour even within the crafting world (and especially in our region).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations ladies!!! Looking forward to seeing your creations! I opened up an Etsy shop early this year called Fireside Quilt Studio... check it out if you have a minute. I was encouraged to have a mix of different items, but I feel that I'll focus 2017 on small quilts, table runners, and placemats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to you both. It's like venturing into a new world. You will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great news! I'm glad you took the plunge :) Best of luck in your new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also - I meant to say: I need an invisible zipper tutorial! Those really add an extra touch of class to your pillows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! You should have put a link to your shop in the article.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the new venture. Great looking pillows. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF hosted @ Anja Quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! And lots of luck! XO

    ReplyDelete