Sunday 15 February 2015

i heart Kona

A couple of weeks ago Jennifer over at A Quarter Inch From The Edge threw out a challenge to curate a bundle of Kona. Now I am not one to back down from a challenge, so this morning I dug out my bins (yes I have more than one) of Kona and played around. There are so many options!


In the end, while we are in the middle of a storm, I was feeling dark and light. Now I must say that these pictures do not show that much of the light, but if you pull these colors there is a definite happiness.  The colors are Berry, Wasabi, Storm and Breakers.


This was a fun way to spend a morning and reminded me how much I like working with solids. I have not made a ton of solid projects, but one of my very favorite all time quilts is this one...which happens to be the first quilt that I made entirely of solids


I am suffering from a rare disease right now called "giantlist". You may know of it. It affects quilters who want to make everything, and because their list of wants is so large they get paralyzed to start anything. This little Kona play has been like an antibiotic to my paralysis, I am off to start a new project from Cherri House's City Quilts. Which one do you think I will make?

Are you a Kona fan? Why not make your own bundle and head over to link up with Jenn!
Adrienne

11 comments:

  1. Not only are the colors cheerful, but I love the names of the grouping you chose, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interestingly, you chose a couple of anti-gloomy weather colors. I should keep that in mind: to fight off winter doldrums choose happy, bright colors and play! Love the quilt you showed. Am I right in thinking that you've chosen colors that are related to the ones in your favorite all-solids quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is STUNNING. Beautiful work! Those colors are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a wicked good stack of Kona. I might have to make a pile just like that myself - seeing as I have all those in my Kona stash. Yikes! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Kona pull, Adrienne! The Breakers and Wasabi help to lighten things up. Your first all solids quilt is a beauty. Nice photos! Now put another log on the fire, keep warm, and keep on quilting on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suffer from giants list too :) that color combo is great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colours. I love that quilt. Isn't having a giantlist part of the rules of being a quilter LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. That quilt looks just fabulous! I think I suffer from 'start-itis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! I've been suffering from that, too! I've been so overwhelmed, wanting to make everything I see and unable to just focus on any one 'start'. It's very frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your quilt is similiar to my grunge quilt, check it out at www.stripquilts.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh there's a name for my horribly frustrating disease "giantitis" ... I feel like I need to join a support group or something!!! Glad there's a sister out there that shares my pain.

    ReplyDelete