Wednesday 4 February 2015

Fox Frenzy: A Finish

Are you ready for some serious cuteness!


I am officially IN LOVE with these foxes. Seriously. Last November I had a new client contact me looking to have a quilt made that she had seen on Pinterest for her new baby due in February. When She showed me the pin I knew the quilt and pattern maker right away! Kona Fox Kits by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts.


A quick PDF pattern purchase and the amazing assistance of Pam at Mad About Patchwork, who cut the fabric kit for me and I was off to the races! Literally. I had one month to get this quilt done in time for baby. Now, usually a month is plenty for me, but life has been hectic, so I was making this one right up to the wire as they say.


I usually don't use the same fabric recommended in a pattern, liking to make it a bit of my own, but seeing that this quilt was a custom order, I did just that and can I say that Lorna's color choices for this quilt are amazing! The pattern was so detailed on how to use the colors too. I cannot recommend it enough.


I was very unsure about the quilting on this baby. I actually used the words "paralyzed with fear" at my Guild Sew In Day where I was working on this quilt. I likely should have quilted the tree to high light it, done something leafy with the leaves, and then highlighted those foxes. But that all just seemed like too much, and I was not up to experimenting with a custom order. So I stuck with my latest obsession and gave it some walking foot wavy lines. Best Decision EVER! Once out of the washer and dryer, the texture is astounding! Makes those foxes pop! It even makes a rather flat backing far more interesting



So, there you have it, my Fox Frenzy. Time to wrap this little one up with care to get in the post to it's new owner. I hope she will be as smitten with these foxes as I am!

Adrienne

Linking up this week with

33 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! This is a baby quilt I would love to have. The foxes are just cute and I love the wavy lines. She will be so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the back (and the front, of course)! The fox trend is really sticking around, my son's room is foxy too - I'll have to check out the pattern.

    Got any tips for wavy lines?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous quilt! Love the wavy line quilting. Thanks for sharing your pattern source and introducing me to a new Canadian online quilt shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! You are right - the quilting on this is perfect! The new owner will fall in love I'm sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! It's even MORE fabulous since you washed it! All that crinkly goodness added to the texture so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I echo what Val said. I love the crinkled look - it's a perfect ready-to-use quilt. Your customer will be thrilled. What a great pattern from Lorna, and great wavy line quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Those foxes and wavy lines are adorable together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finish!! Glad you were able to get it done this weekend. Might have to get that pattern when I buy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, definitely seriously cute! I would love to make one exactly like it, but I think my list of quilts that I want to make goes to year 2040 at this point, haha! I do love it. I'm sure baby and family will cherish it for generations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it! That wavy quilting is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great! I also really like the back - the quilting adds so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so happy with your Foxy Finish, Adrienne, as I am sure your client will be also. Love those wavy lines and the crinkly goodness! You make me want to make this one again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely result; the walking foot wavy lines are certainly the finishing touch. What colour thread did you use for the quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cute. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your back! (The front is cute too but I LOVE the back). What colours did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an adorable quilt. It's nice to hear about a good experience with a kit. Your quilting is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! That little baby is going claim it as a favorite, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very cute! You did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty! I sometimes struggle with the quilting part as well. How did you do the wavy lines with the walking foot? I've used my walking foot but set my machine up to do wavy lines but they didn't look like yours. I just love how yours look.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Too cute!!! Great job. Love wavy lines.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a really really cute quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a really really cute quilt!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahhhh adorable. This turned out amazing, I would be so happy to wrap a little one it in :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so tempted to make this! It's just too cute. And you know I have a thing for foxes... and hedgies... and owls... oh, I guess it's just woodland creatures in general. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adrienne, you more than did justice to Lorna's wonderful pattern! This one is a favorite! And you're right about Lorna's instructions being terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just noticed the little footprints in the snow... They look like the foxes had a bit of playtime, before settling back into their quilt! lOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this quilt , and your quilting. Now I'm wishing I got a kit from Mad About Patchwork. I wonder if she'll put it together again.

    ReplyDelete
  28. that is so very cute :) www.crazyforpurple.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. A gorgeous finish!!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. that is gorgeous! i love Lorna's patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love this quilt, sehr schön.
    Lg Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  32. There isn't a doubt in the world that this quilt will be loved and cherished. It came out just gorgeous! I love those wavy lines.

    ReplyDelete
  33. It looks fabulous in the baby's nursery. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete