Sunday 13 April 2014

Giant Star: A Finish

I am so happy to share a finish! Here is my Giant Star...


I can report that I have nothing negative to say about the quilting on this one. What a refreshing change huh?! I ended up taking the top apart into quarters and then straight lined QYAG. The results - awesome!



It was hard to find a good place to take a picture, this winter just goes on and on. But This little green park building does the trick.




On the back was a special treat, a sheet I got at a yard sale. I love the black and white large scale flowers and the sheet gives the whole quilt a little added weight.


I have another giant star hanging in the UFO closet. But now I know how to quilt the sucker!
This quilt is my April Goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes so I will be linking up there when the times comes and it's Anything Goes Monday at Stitch by Stitch in just a couple of hours, so linking up there too!
Any finishes coming up for you?
I hope you get lots of sewing time this week!
Adrienne

20 comments:

  1. Lovin' this one! Perfect finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I'm curious about how you joined the quarters once they were quilted. You really can't tell this was a QAYG quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! Also, I really love your blog header with the brick wall. It goes really well with the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a large star quilt ready to quilt as well. Did a test run of quilting on a small mock of the quilt and was happy with the results. Now just have to find the time to quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute quilt. Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous finish Ade! And that sheet you found for the backing is so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous quilt, backing and photos! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful finish -- you are doing better that I am this month with the finishes, it seems all I have is starts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovley and that backdrop of green does look really good against the quilts colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pleasure to have seen your Giant Star in person. You did an amazing job with the quilting. QAYG rules!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilt, Adrienne - and great photo location too. Not having seen it in person, I am wondering the same thing as Izzy - how did you join the quadrants?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have one started, glad I waited, I will use the QAYG METHOD, I HAVE RA.. I was using Jeni Bakers design and messed up cutting, any advice, what pattern did you use?? Its lovely.. I like the she idea, here in Tx sometimes its to HOT for a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great! I love that fabric line too. I would love to know how you joined the quadrants too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, Adrienne! And that backdrop is so perfect with it - great shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks great and the quilting really enhances it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your finish and love your pic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous finish, well done! The quilting looks great.

    ReplyDelete