Wednesday 26 March 2014

WiP Wednesday: The one with volume

It would seem to me that once again I have a few too many WiPs on the go. But, well, they are all making me happy so I am just rolling with it.

First up, is work on my Volume Quilt. This quilt is a goal for The Library Project and also a goal to use my scraps. So far so good. I have all of the red done and am starting on the pink....


Then there is the Giant Star. I made this top a few months back (I actually have two in the closet ready for quilting). Kona Ash and Nordica, this top is yummy. With my quilting issues lately I have been putting off quilting it. But I had a brainwave the other day and am going to run with it. I am going to take the top apart! What!? I am going to basically make it into four mini quilts, Quilt as I go on the quarters and then put it back together. Much more manageable!


And then, I swore to myself I would not do this, but I am weak and have a soft spot for Traingles. I am going to join Paula, The Sassy Quilter, for her Triangle Quilt Along. I really do have a soft spot for triangles, and after the debacle that was Bliangles, I would like to make triangles that actually have some points :)

First step in the QAL is to pick your fabric. I wanted a little inspiration so hit my Pinterest Color Board and found this - nice and springy given that we are being hit with a good old fashioned Nor'easter right now.


So, I started pulling the fabric bins and found this


Perfect right! This bundle is Denyse Schmidt Chicopee and I have been saving it for...well I don't know what! Seems like it will be perfect for Triangles.

So that's me for today. Lot's going on in the studio and outside the storm is raging. Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced, The Needle and Thread Network, Needle & Thread Thursday and with Paula for The Triangle QAL.

http://www.freshlypieced.com/

http://www.sassyquilter.com/triangle-quilt-along/
http://myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.ca/

How many WiPs do you have going on. Tell me everything!
Adrienne

21 comments:

  1. I was looking at the triangle QAL as well....I was thinking I had far too many WIP's on the go as well...but.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for that volume! And so excited to have you do the triangles as well. Are you using a ruler for cutting? As for how many WIPs I have: that list would take far too long to type LOL. It's still clear here but I'm expecting the snow to fly any moment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about a triangle quilt too. I've seen a few lately and they are very appealing. The fabric you chose is so beautiful! I'm working on a commissioned quilt. The top is finished and the backing is cut, but not pieced. I tried the quilt-as-you-go (top quilted to batting) for the first time. It worked really well and was much easier to handle because I made it in sections, then stitched the quilted sections together. Now I've got to figure out how to stitch the top to the backing fabric without making a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great palette of fabrics for your Triangle Quilt -- that will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your "Volume" is looking just great so far...you will rock it! I am in love with that stack of DS. So gorgeous! Great solution to finishing up your Giant Star.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabric pull for the triangles! I was really, really tempted by the triangle QAL. I've never done triangles before and would love to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love your Volume, you coming along nicely! I am going to jump into the Triangle QAL too, cause we both need a few more projects to works one right!! Love you fabric pick for the QAL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fabrics you selected for the Triangle Quilt Along! I look forward to seeing the quilt you create with those fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you've chosen for the triangle quilt along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have 8 quilts in the wings....waiting to be quilted and bound!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your triangle fabrics, Adrienne! They'll have lots of contrast and what a close match to your inspiration pic without even breaking a sweat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to your volume quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love those triangle colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great fabrics for your Triangle along! I like your Volume quilt, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yes! That Chicopee is meant to be in some triangles:) Can't wait to see these come together. I love those design seeds too, great inspiration. The scrappy volume is too cool, makes me want to organize my scraps by color!

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome WIP's and LOVE your Triangle fabric pull. I am doing citrus shades for mine and I can't wait to get into them!

    Thanks so much for showing this off at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your scrap volume quilt has a great start. Can't wait to see what other colors you use. The fabrics you haven chosen for the Triangle quilt are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovin' the Volume so far! And you with the Triangle Quilt Along. How will I ever keep resisting all these tempting bloggy things when you succumb? :) Just kidding... those Denyse Schmidt fabrics are lover-ly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy colours in that stack of fabrics, and that giant star will make an interesting quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE LOVE LOVE this pile of gorgeous fabrics!! Good luck with your triangle quilt! Your other blocks are superb!

    ReplyDelete