Sunday 2 February 2014

How Many Stamps Can a Woodchuck Stamp...

you get where I am going right? Well, in this case there are 720 stamps. Yup, still working on the third remake of the Postage Stamps Quilt.
The good news is that at the Maritime Modern Quilt Guild has their very first Sew In yesterday and I got this bad boy top all done!! Very exciting indeed.
And today, basting done and quilting started...


I decided that I wanted to stick with straight line quilting, but I didn't want it too dense. So I needed one of those quilting bar / guidey thingies. My machine came with one, but it will not stay in the hole it is designed for, and I really like to quilt with my walking foot. So, a little tape and ingenuity and I have this
Which is wokring very well for this

Good deal. I got a quarter way through the quilting today - swweeeettt! The the goal is to have these stamps done and in their new home by the end of this month.

Do you ever have to get crafty for quilting tools? Would love to hear about it :)

Linking up with A Lovely Year if Finishes for the February goal setting party.
Adrienne

15 comments:

  1. I love your solution. I was just contemplating the same thing for one of my quilts. I was wondering if there was a trick to it as my guide bar doesn't stay in any of my feet.

    Good luck on finishing it this month. You're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great innovation! Looks like the first sew in was a great success :) How many people were there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the guide bar. I have yet to figure out how mine works, so I'm breaking out the tape. I'm actually giddy with the thought of being able to use it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea! Mine does the same thing. Love the quilt too! What color is the sashing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep wondering why your straight line guide (I don't know if that's the official name) doesn't stay put. So strange. It's the one attachment for my machine that I use all the danged time. In any case, you MacGyver-ed things up nicely. Good job on such a productive quilting week-end. If you keep this pace up, you're sure to meet that goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah! My quilting guide thingey won't stay in the hole either - hence I have never used it, but wish I could. I see some masking tape in my future...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will meet your goal, no problem. Such a productive weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When there's a will, there's a way! clever solution to a sticky problem.
    Great job on those postage stamps too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, that's a clever fix! You should have that quilt done in no time.
    Carole, from Fresh off the Frame :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful quilt! You know, a persons got to do what a persons got to do. I think you are generous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this quilt - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, so I have to admit that I didn't even know that's what that thingy was for! I've never used mine : P Now I think I'll have to get it out and see what it does. Beautiful quilt! My guild has a retreat in April and I'm already giddy with the thought of all that time to quilt and quilt and quilt! Looks like you made very good use of your time, too - have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, I'm going to remember your tip. That's brilliant! I have the same problem with my guide moving around too much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your stamps!! And genius idea with the guide bar!
    Mine doesn't attach to my walking foot either, time to bust out the tape!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Adrienne, Beaquilter sent me your name as a partner in the Pincushion Swap...I need you to e-mail me. crystalbluern at onlineok dot com. thanks.

    ReplyDelete