Let's do it - here are my Picks for the year...
1. First up - Emily Cier's Scrap Republic: 8 Quilt Projects for Those who Love Color. This book is just amazing! So much inspiration for all of those scraps. The Project I have picked in the book is Volume.
2. This next pick has been on my shelf for awhile and I think is the book I pick up the most to paw through. It intrigues and frightens me all at the same time. Cherri House City Quilts:12 Dramatic Projects Inspired by Urban Views. Not sure if it is all of the solids, or the graphic modern designs, but I love this book, so I had to include it. The Project will be City Tracks. I already have a fabric bundle ready to go!
3. I am really excited to make something out of this next book, Quilting Modern: Techniques and Projects for Improvisational Quilts by Jacquie Gering and Katie Pedersen. It was hard to chose, but I am going with the Urban Garden Quilt.
4. This book is brand new to the library (seriously, bought this last week!). Quilt Improv: Incredible Quilts form Everyday Inspirations by Lucie Summers. This book is gorgeous! I am going to make the cover project Building Blocks Quilt. Oh I hope my version turns out that cool!
5. This next choice was one I knew from the beginning. Denyse Schmidt Modern Quilts: Traditional Inspiration. I love every single quilt in this book, so choosing just one was HARD!
As you can see I want to make more than one project from this one! Maybe a little over-ambitious :). So I am going to save my final choice for when I actually get to the book. Gonna wait to see how I feel at the time. But here are the delicious quilts I will choose from
Don't Forget, here is how TLP works:
- Dig out your quilt books (or magazine, or pattern, whatever you consider a part of your Modern Quilting Library) and select as few or as many projects as you would like to make from January to December 2014 - one per book. I leave the number of projects you chose up to you, as I know how busy life can be. BUT - I would like to challenge you to at least 4 projects :)
- Each month come back here to link up with my update post and tell us about your progress.
- At the end of the year I will host a final link up party where you show all of your finished projects for the year. From these posts I will randomly chose a winner for a prize. (this is likely very unprofessional but I don't know what the prize will be yet - just haven't gotten that far. But I promise it will be good, and open to international participants!)
- January 17th, 2014 - Write and link up your first post with you book / project choices
- February through November - Monthly links ups on the third Friday of every month with progress on your projects
- December 2014 - Final post to show off all of your finishes and link up to be eligible for the prize!
AND AND, if you are an Instagram junkie (like me) connect with #TheLibraryProject
Now it is time to hear from all of you! Link up your posts below and share your picks - can't wait to browse through the stacks of your Library!