Monday 21 October 2013

Improv Bizness

I got some time at the machine this weekend which was pretty sweet! Trying to get one more finish done this month... I worked on my Improv Quilt with blocks made by my Bee Mates at the ModQImprov Bee.


Following the plan from last weekend, I made one more block, to make an even twelve, and then framed them all up.

This was a fun process. As I framed each block, I really got to pay attention to all of the cool fabric that was in each one. Check out this cool face

Sock monkey on a pogo (still cool even headless)

Amazing flower power

and some nifty owls

Possibly the only thing more fun than all of this great fabric, is stitching them up with a fresh manicure!

I get 'emall framed up and on the design wall. They are perfect for Quilt As You Go no?

I will show you the results of my quilting when I am all finished up, but let's just say, I started thinking that I would finally do some free-motion quilting, but it wasn't long before the walking foot was back on :)

What I can say is good thing I have an order of Kona White on it's way because this is all I have left in the house of this staple. Less than a meter! Say it isn't so!

On the positive side - look what I got in the mail today...drool....

Well, I have a busy work week lined up, so likely not back to the sewing machine until the weekend. Until then, I think I will just stare at the Kona Card. It will be enough.

What are you up to this week?
Adrienne

Linking up this week

12 comments:

  1. Those improv blocks are stunning. What a wealth you got from your beemates! I wish you had shown your FMQ efforts. I have blogged some truly awful FMQ. I always believed it was easy to FMQ because it just seems like all you see is the perfect stuff! I think posting photos of the gnarly is important too ;) (that said I agree, I still strongly prefer my walking foot.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, the manicure is perfect! These blocks are so wonderful. The new white sashing is so nice. I think that this is going to turn out splendidly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is going to look wonderful! I love how all the different fabrics have come together so well. Your manicure is really cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the white around the blocks, they look fantastic all together! And i desperately need a Kona card, i can't tell you the number of times i've ordered online only to get the fabric in the mail and think... crap! that is so not going to work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did the same two days ago: put on the FMQ foot but it was removed in a second! Need to learn and practice FMQ first. The top looks great. So many lovely fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...those blocks are beautiful! Framing them with the white looks great...really highlights the fun prints in the blocks. This will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Drool is right! The new and improved Kona colour card... 271 glorious colours. You'll bring it to visit, right? And we really need to address the free motion phobia... or not. Straight line quilting is damned fine too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous ...enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know I love me some improv, Adrienne! These look great, and the framing with the blocks offset really make them look very hip.

    Thank you so much for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea! I have a bunch of Bee blocks that came back way off. I might try this so I can still use them. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking good! Lucky you with he kona card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also wanted to say thNks for linking up but the iPad kinda froze on me! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete