Saturday 12 October 2013

Bliangles: A Finish

That's right, Whose Your Daddy! In under seven days, a second finish for the week! What, me, tooting my own horn? Every once in a while it happens :)

I am focusing on finishing my horde of WiPs, and this one, needed to get done. Basically because I want to cuddle it. The Carnaby Street and text fabrics in this one are just wicked.
If you don't remember, Bliangle refers to my inability to sew triangles together and get those perfect points. I talked about it here. But I really love this quilt, mistakes and all.
For the photo shoot, my Sister Christina and I headed to Mahone Bay on Nova Scotia's South Shore. Fall is my favourite time of year, and today was the perfect crisp fall day, filled with colourful leaves, clear blue skies and the deep blue of a fall ocean

Mind you, all of the awesomeness also brought wind. For once I had someone with me to take pictures so I was excited to get some full length shots while Christina held things up (she is tall too!). But every time Christina held it up, the darned thing just hugged her and made a quilt sleeping bag / hotdog bun. Good thing she is a good sport!
So, we had to find other ways to showcase this one
It was Scarecrow festival in Mahone Bay, so there were lots of great props around, not the least of which was the royal family and a very creepy new Prince


But once I got over that weird distraction I started slinging this quilt everywhere


 Backing and binding came from an Ikea duvet cover that I got in the $10 sale bin. Great deal for two quilt backs!


I am currently under this quilt as I write, It's a great day!

TGIFF OctoberQuest is really helping me focus on getting through the "to do pile". The linky party is over at Quilt Matters so off I go! 


Have you got any finishes lined up?
Adrienne

Previous posts related to this quilt:
Post 1
Post 2
Post 3
Post 4

18 comments:

  1. This quilt is so beautiful Adrienne, imperfect points and all! I just love the Carnaby Street line. Your pics are so pretty as well. I love the red foliage behind it!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bliangles. Yes. Blunt triangles. When you invent something different, I agree, you have every right to name it! Without our imperfections the world would have to go without bliangles and oblongagons. Glad to see your gorgeous finish on this one, Adrienne! Love the photos! Even the new prince.... Ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your quilt, Adrienne, and I'm glad you did not let yourself distracted by the imperfect points - the result is beautiful. Looks like you had a great day in Mahone Bay - a wonderful drive with lots of picture perfect spots. That aqua house/building with the pink windows... just perfect to showcase your beautiful quilt. You're on a roll! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love York triangles quilt too. The solids in Off white makes so warm and cosy. Fantastic pictures, too y;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely quilt, not quite perfect triangles pah who cares thats what makes it so charming. The pictures are lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt, and honestly I never saw the blunt triangles and wouldn't have known about them! I just focused on the gorgeous colors and love all the low volume. I am not sure if I already follow you, but I definitely will be now!!! Congrats and enjoy snuggling under this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot to mention, the new prince doll is soooo creepy! Yikes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on a gorgeous finish! And what a great setting for the photos. I haven't been back east for years, the colours are so beautiful.
    I didn't notice any Bliangles either- you must have quilted them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I love equilateral triangle quilts and I need to make myself one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is just gorgeous! So many lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been waiting for this one!! And you definitely don't disappoint, it's gorgeous!!
    If ever you tire of it, you have my address!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great place for a photo shoot!! This quilt is a true stunner. I think that the breeze makes for great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Now I want to do triangles again....too many projects! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colourful houses in the background. Your quilt is wonderful. Did they film Amazing Race Canada in Mahone Bay?
    Barb@Witsend

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, oh, oh! I LOVE this! I love the mix of patterns and colours you use! And that you took pictures in Mahone Bay -- fabulous! So glad that OctoberQuest is proving to be good motivation! Thanks for linking up, Adrienne!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this, I am working on my first triangle quilt now and I also have a stack of the Carnaby Street that I have yet to get into. It sure looks good here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh wow, that is amazing :) I'm going to check out your bliangles post now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful quilt-found you through blogathon Canada with Sew Sisters. I live in Dartmouth, nice to see another quilter from Nova Scotia!

    ReplyDelete